Monday, September 28, 2009

The Moser Blog Returns to it's Original Format....Trees and Dogs

Ah, finally back to the original format. Obviously it's been too long since we have had any massive trees to clean up, so we had two big Oak trees taken down today.
Clearly, I am being sarcastic ;) Unfortunately these trees have died, so we had to take them down before they did any damage. This is not really our favorite past time.....despite what it may seem!
This tree was between the driveways.
View from the top of our driveway.

Tom with his trusty chainsaw.
Maggie and Harley supervising.
This was the tree closest to the house. We could see that there were several holes in it that would be perfect homes for the little squirrels that torment Maggie and Harley. We were right. I am sad to say that there was a casualty during the tree cutting today. I was not home to witness it, but Tom says that the squirrel was killed on impact....However, Tom did not realize there had been a casualty until he saw Maggie galloping around the yard, and tossing something furry into the air over and over again. This was the poor guy's comfy little home.

Double stick action.
Well, this picture makes him look tan-ish, but I swear this Wooly Worm was green! I can't remember how the saying goes, but I think the darker Wooly worms mean a bad winter. Is that right? Anyway, I would like to know what a green one means!
and is it "wooly", or "willy" worms??
OH, and I got a new Jeep!!!!!!!!

My new 08 Patriot. The tires are so muddy because it rained for 3/4 of the weekend, and had previously rained for weeks before that!

Here is an after picture. Tom and I (mostly Tom) removed the window vent shade thingys that were above the windows. It looks better without them, and they really block your view when they are on. It took hours to take that sticky stuff off! It was painstaking!

Tom installing my Sirius radio.

Our Jeep Family is complete. Well, almost...Tom wants a Wrangler!
We need a sign that says something about only Jeeps coming up on our hill!

Inside the back.
I love that it has this hard plastic floor.

1 comment:

Amber & James said...

Love the new Jeep and the new yard, hehe! The story about the squirrel really made me cry and laugh! Miss you guys! See you soon!
xoxo