Monday, February 18, 2008

If every February was like this...

We had another spectacularly warm Saturday this past weekend! We slept in a little and we were feeling kind of lazy so a strenuous hike was out of the picture. We wanted to at least get the dogs out and play so we decided we would go to one of our favorite campsites and hang out and explore a little. Well, appearantly a lot of other people had the same idea so we didn't get to hang out at the site we wanted, but we were able to get close and we hung out on the creek/ river and let the doggies play. We were trying to walk back to this little swimming hole but the trail was all grown over and I already took my shoes off once to cross the creek and frankly, I did not want to do it again so here is where we stayed! Many of you probably know I have a hard time in the water without anything on my feet....so yes, you read right- I took my shoes off, socks and all, and crossed the creek!!! No swimmy shoes!! Can you believe it? I kept my shoes on when we crossed to go back to the car though! (baby steps:) )


Harley is truly a water dog--he loves to play in it, as long as he can touch! Notice the small tree he is picking up. When we are around water Harley 's favorite game is to get the rocks (and sticks/trees!). He will find a rock he wants and stick his head down in the water to get it! He will also retrieve one that you throw in the water...as long as it is not too deep! After this picture was taken I think he found a rock that looked facinating and as he was trying to figure out just how he was going to get it out of the deep part, along came Maggie and bumped him and Harley went in head first. He was fine, and came to Tom and I immediately to have his eyes and face wiped! He is so funny. YAY!! Everyone get in the picture! Maggie believes she is a lap dog...all 82 pounds of her!

Don't be fooled by the shades! Although it was warm out, there was quite a bit of cloud cover :(
We found an empty campsite and decided to hang out here for a minute and build a little fire. It was right about this time that we were kicking ourselves for not bringing the camping equipment. It would have been a great night to camp. Sir Harley the Mountain Dogg! Check out the mountain in the background! She just looks like TROUBLE doesn't she? But she's sooooo sweet ;)
This is what happens if we do not go to the woods! hehe! I figured if Tom can post a pic. of my air/stick gutiar playing I can post this one!!!!
We had another super day in the woods! It feels so good to be able to just drive a short distance down the road and be in the middle of the woods like this! I hope this good weather continues through March when we have company--- because we love to show this place off!!!

No comments: