Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not More Wood.......and a snazzy new hair cut!!

Last week I ran an add on Craigslist, "Want to borrow a large chainsaw in exchange for a truck load of wood" and believe it or not, within 24 hours I had been contacted a couple times. One of the guys, Logan, said that he had just gotten this saw from his dad, it's about 20yrs old and it should be able to cut through anything. He also said he would come out and cut up for me, and didn't care about the wood for barter, he was just happy to have a chance to use his saw. Well the first time he came out, the chain on the saw really needed to be replaced, so I told him I would buy a new one if he would come back. So that he did. Check out this Saw............


My chainsaw looks so little sitting on those slices, and I think it's the biggest saw Home Depot sells!!!

Keep in mind that Logan is about 6'3", if that helps give any reference as to how big this tree actually is. Several of the rounds were between 3 and 4 feet in diameter and probably weigh somewhere in the ball park of 400 pounds each!! It was all Logan and I could do to roll the slices out of the way.

We've got about 25 rounds that are all this big!!!! Too bad we don't have a Fireplace or a Wood stove!!

NOW FOR THE SNAZZY NEW HAIRCUT.........................
Well...I didn't work this past Friday, so Trish and I decided to meet downtown for lunch. I got to town a little early, and just had an itch to cut my hair. I wear a hat most days to work and it started to get a little uncomfortable, so what the heck, cut it all off!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now go shave that beard you tree hugger!

Moserblog said...

You two have such a great life! I'm so happy for you! How fun! btw...I want the fondue recipe!
:-D
Jackie